Posting On Bluesky Through SMS
Can I send a post to my Bluesky timeline through an SMS text message and it gets published? Yes, I'm glad to inform you that you can now post to Bluesky via text SMS. This implies that you can now send your draft as a text message to Bluesky SMS Service and it automatically gets posted to your Bluesky timeline without you having to open the Bluesky app. When you later open your Bluesky app, you will see your posts there. Isn't this amazing?
Interestingly, this method doesn't affect your post's engagement at all, because your posts will still perform well like the regular posting method or even better. Isn't this interesting? For some of us that are wondering how this works, read on to discover how to post to Bluesky via text SMS.
Why Post on Bluesky via SMS Matters
There are some good reasons why posting to Bluesky through text SMS matters. Here's why a feature like Bluesky posting via SMS where you can send your posts through SMS and it gets published on your timeline without having to open the Bluesky app matters:
- Convenience: SMS is a quick and easy way to communicate, so it is convenient to post to Bluesky without having to open the app or log in to the website.
- Accessibility: SMS is available on all mobile phones, even basic ones that aren't Androids phones. Even if you're away from your smartphones or you're in a place where there's a poor internet service, you can still post on your Bluesky to keep your followers engaged. So it makes Bluesky more accessible to people who don't have smartphones, Androids or who live in areas with poor internet access.
- Privacy: If you're a private type of person, you may feel more comfortable posting to Bluesky via SMS because it is a more private way to communicate. You may not want to have to open the Bluesky app or log in to the website, where you might be bombarded with notifications.
- Control: You may also want to be able to control how your posts are published on Bluesky. For example, you might want to be able to schedule posts to be published at a later time, or you might want to be able to approve or reject posts before they are published.
Here are some benefits of posting to Bluesky through text message:
- If you're a business owner, you can quickly update your followers on the arrival of your new product or service by posting to your Bluesky timeline through SMS.
- If you're a journalist, you can quickly report on a breaking news story by sending a text message to your Bluesky timeline.
- If you're a celebrity or one of the top influencers on Bluesky, you can send a text message to your Bluesky profile to share a personal message with your fans.
- If you're a regular person, you can send a text message to your Bluesky timeline to share a funny photo or video, or to share your thoughts on a current event.
How To Post on Bluesky Through Text SMS
Here's how you can post to your Bluesky timeline through text messages:
Step 1: Create App Password
- The first step is to create an app password. Need a little help? Here's how to create an App password.
Step 2: Register on Bluesky SMS Service
After creating your app password, the next step is to register on Bluesky SMS Service. I'll show you the easiest and most straightforward way to do that. There are two things needed here - your Bluesky handle (without the "@") and your app password. Here's how to go about it:
- Simply text the following: Register <your bsky.social handle> <your bsky.social app password> to +1-414-432-4321, and you'll be automatically registered.
- For example, if your Bluesky handle is fadatechmas.bsky.social and your app password is FTM, you should send the following: Register fadatechmas.bsky.social FTM to +1-414-432-4321 (remember to space each of them), and then any subsequent messages sent to this number will be posted to your Bluesky account. To register an app password, you can do so here. Your original Bluesky login passwords are not supported. Also, please note that you will not receive any messages back from this number, due to increasingly strict anti-spam laws.
Step 3: Start Posting to Bluesky Through SMS
Once you have successfully registered on the Bluesky SMS Service as shown in step 2 above, you can now start posting to your Bluesky timeline through text messages anywhere, anytime!
- When you want to share a post to Bluesky, just open your phone's message box, type in your message and send it to +1-414-432-4321. It will automatically be posted to your Bluesky timeline.
- You can also send photos.
- After you've registered, you can text that number any time you want to post to Bluesky!
- Photos are supported as well!
- Messages longer than 300 characters will be automatically threaded, but just a heads up that due to the way longer text messages are handled, it may not appear on your feed for 2-3 minutes. Normal length posts are posted almost instantly.
Let me know if you run into issues, you can raise an issue here or contact me via Bluesky here. Don't forget to share this post, so others can see it too. Thanks so much!
Need a little help? Here are some useful articles and tutorials on how to do anything on Bluesky: