Need to merge your Instagram account to a Facebook page? You’ve clicked on the right how-to article. Let's see how you can merge these two social media platforms together, so what you post on Instagram is automatically shared to your Facebook page.
Since acquiring Instagram in 2012, Facebook has streamlined cross-app functionality for businesses and non-profits. These days, it’s easy for admins to manage the two social networks in one place, handling everything from cross-posting to replying to messages.
(Of course, with Hootsuite, social managers with connected accounts could do this a long time ago.)
Learn how to merge an Instagram account to your Facebook page and discover the benefits you’ll unlock by merging your accounts.
Why merge your Instagram to a Facebook page
These are the key benefits available when you merge your Instagram account to a Facebook page.
- Build customer trust: Don’t overlook the importance of providing a smooth online experience for customers. By merging your accounts, your followers can have confidence they’re dealing with the same business, and you can offer seamless interactions.
- Schedule posts across platforms: If you have a busy schedule or run multiple accounts, you already know the benefits of scheduling posts. To schedule posts for Instagram and Facebook on Hootsuite (or another social media management dashboard), you’ll need to merge your accounts. Need a little help? Here's how to schedule posts on social media platforms like Instagram, Mastodon, Facebook, Bluesky, X, etc.
- Respond to messages quicker: When you merge your Instagram and Facebook accounts, you can manage your messages in one place. This makes it a lot easier to maintain a quick response time, and gives you access to more inbox tools, from customer labels to message filters.
- Get sharper insights: With both platforms merged, you can compare audiences, post performance, and more. See where your organic efforts are taking off, and identify where it makes the most sense to invest in promotions.
- Run better ads: In some regions, you need to merge a Facebook page to run ads. Even if it’s not required, connecting accounts allows you to run ads on both platforms and pay for them in one place.
- Open an Instagram shop: If you’re interested in selling products or services on Instagram, you need a merged Facebook page to set up a shop. By merging accounts, you can also sync business info and use features like appointment buttons and donation stickers.
How to merge your Instagram account to a Facebook page
So you have an Instagram profile and a Facebook page, but they’re not merged. Let’s fix that!
To start, make sure you’re an admin of the Facebook page you wish to merge. And if you haven’t yet, convert to an Instagram business account.
Then follow these steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account and click Pages in the left menu.
- Select your Facebook page, then click Settings.
- Select Linked Accounts in the left column.
- Select Instagram, then connect your account.
- Log in to Instagram and go to your profile.
- Tap Edit Profile.
- Under Public Business/Profile Information, select Page.
- Choose the Facebook page you wish to connect to. If you don’t have one yet, tap Create a new Facebook page.
Need a little help? Here’s how to create a Facebook business page.
How to change a Facebook page merged to Instagram
Need to change the Facebook page merged to your Instagram account? Start by disconnecting the Facebook page you have connected:
- Log in to Facebook and click Pages in the left menu.
- From your Facebook page, go to Settings.
- In the left column, click Instagram.
- Scroll down and under Disconnect Instagram, click Disconnect.
You’ve now unmerged your Facebook and Instagram accounts. Follow the How to merge your Instagram account to a Facebook page instructions to add a different page.
I hope this helps! Kindly support us by sharing this article so others could also benefit from it. Thanks for your feedback!